I’m excited to announce general availability of the Decodable Real-Time Data Platform. This follows our successful public beta, and now we welcome everyone to sign up for a free Decodable account to start decoding! We also announced a $25.5 million investment in Decodable, which will help us expand our platform support and grow the Decodable ecosystem and community.
Real-time doesn't have to be hard
Today, companies are moving to a modern real-time data stack to build and power their applications. No one wants to be the retailer that doesn’t know what’s in stock, the fintech company that can’t detect fraud, or the shipping company that doesn’t know where its packages are.
Too many companies embark on the journey to real-time data only to find themselves stuck in the DIY doldrums, waylaid by the complexity of assembling and operating a custom solution assembled from open source projects, cloud services and commercial software. Only those with deep pockets and specialist teams have built production systems - and even then struggle to scale across their whole organization.
Decodable makes it fast, simple, and easy
The GA of Decodable comes as real-time data and stream processing are seeing explosive growth and adoption. Apache Kafka and Apache Flink have long been staples of some of the most sophisticated real-time stacks, but with new messaging systems like RedPanda, real-time user-facing analytics with Apache Pinot and StarTree it’s easier than ever to be successful. Real-time is ready for prime-time!
Decodable runs entirely in the cloud, eliminating developers’ dependency on an in-house, dedicated data team and messaging platform specialists. Decodable works with your existing data architecture, is built on proven open-source technologies including Apache Flink and it works with de-facto standard open formats and protocols.
Our public beta customers have embraced Decodable to build a wide range of real-time data solutions including:
- Event-driven microservices: Route, filter, separate, and aggregate records flowing between microservices with millisecond latency and concrete delivery guarantees.
- Data mesh deployment: Seed and grow a self-service real-time data mesh between different teams building and consuming data products. For more on Data Mesh, check out my blog.
- Real-time data integration: Capture, transport, optionally transform and get data to the systems that need it in real-time for the most up-to-date view of the business.
- Real-time ML/AI pipelines: Populate a real-time feature store for always up-to-date machine learning models driving AI-infused apps such as recommendation engines and fraud detection.
- Data governance and regulatory compliance: Mask sensitive PII and PHI data creating anonymized streams prior to crossing regulatory, geographical, or organizational boundaries.
Peeking under the hood
Connections, Streams and Pipelines enable Decodable to move and transform data records between source and sink data systems.
There are 3 simple steps to make this work:
- Connect: Create a connection to source and sink data systems using REST, Kafka, AWS S3 and other connectors. Assign the connection to a stream.
- Build: Create a pipeline with input stream(s) and an output stream. Express the pipeline’s stream processing in standard SQL. No code to write.
- Manage: Activate the pipeline, step back and watch the records fly through. Decodable provides monitoring statistics and the preview capability lets you sample data as it flows through the pipeline.
Today is just the beginning for Decodable, and things are moving quickly. Since the beta, we’ve added a new web UI to the CLI to make it even easier for you to use and we aren’t stopping there! You can also expect to see expanded connector and cloud platform support. We’ll keep you updated on all the new features as we go, either in Slack or our newsletter.
Free and useful
We believe that Decodable is a must-have service at any scale, for any project. That’s why with the Developer tier you can build fully working pipelines with data retention — no time-limited trial or reduced functionality. Give it a spin - it only takes minutes to get started and you’ll get a much better feel for what’s possible! Try our QuickStart guide, available in either Web UI or Command Line (CLI) flavor to help as you build your first Decodable pipeline.
We're here to help, love feedback, and rely on the community to help us improve - join the conversation on the Decodable Slack.
Let's get Decoding!
More ways to connect with Decodable:
Join our community Slack for regular updates, demos, office hours and talk to other developers
Receive product updates in the email newsletter (sign up at the bottom of this page)
Register for the March 24th Webinar