Information Users provide to us: When Users visit the Site, Users may provide information to us directly. For example, when a User:
Registers on the Site for more information, we may collect information such as name and email
Contacts Decodable, we may collect the User’s name, email address, and contents of their communication.
Information collected automatically: We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically collect information about Users and their computers or devices whenever they interact with our Site or emails. This information may include browser name, IP address, device identifier, operating system, general location information (such as city, state), performance and diagnostic data, and information about the User’s interactions with the Site or email, such as pages viewed and links clicked. This information is collected using cookies, browser web storage, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information we obtain from other third parties: We may receive personal information about Users from third-party sources where they have a right to provide us with this information. We may also obtain personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, and publicly available sources.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
Types of cookie used by Decodable
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Essential - Decodable uses these cookies to enable basic website functionality. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our services.
- Marketing - Decodable uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Decodable sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with our advertising partners to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Personalization - Decodable uses these cookies to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language, region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics - Decodables uses these cookies to understand how our website performs, how visitors interact with the site, and whether there may be technical issues.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, some of our website features will not function as a result. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Decodable may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site: We may need User information to, for example, display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service: Information a User provides helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information about you to personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site, and provide customized content and information.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback Users provide to improve our products and services.
- To send marketing emails. We may send you marketing emails as permitted by law. Users can opt out of these marketing emails as described in User Choices.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety: We may use personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, a User’s or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; and (d) to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas.
- With consent: In some cases, we may specifically ask for consent to collect, use or share personal information and will collect, use or share such information in accordance with such authorizations.
- To create anonymous data: We may create anonymous data from Users’ personal information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a User. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for any lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the service and promote our business.
- We may use third-party service providers to help us operate the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
- Like many companies online, Decodable works with advertising partners that rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies – to collect behavioral information about how Users use and interact with our Site and emails or other online services over time in order to perform tracking and marketing analytics or serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you ("Interest-Based Advertisements").
- If a User has enabled features that connect the Site to a social media network (such as by sharing content via Facebook, or logging in with a Google User Account), we may disclose the personal information that the User authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of personal information.
- We may disclose personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary for the professional services that they render to us.
- We may share personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes outlined above.
All users have the following choices over their personal information:
- Opt Out of Marketing Emails: If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us. We may continue to send service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Interest-Based Advertisements: Users may limit the use of their information for Interest-Based Advertisements by companies participating in the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Some of our partners, like Google, may offer their own opt-out mechanism.
- Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. Learn more here.
- Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect User information, or where we need personal information to provide the Service to the User, if a User does not provide this information when requested (or later asks to delete it), we may not be able to provide our services to the User. We will inform Users that information is necessary to receive the services by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies that may differ materially from ours. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
We have adopted data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Users’ personal information.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13, and no part of our website is directed to anyone under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Decodable would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights on the processing of your personal data that is subject to European Union data protection law.
- The right to access - You have the right to request Decodable for copies of your personal data that we collected. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Decodable correct any information that we collected, you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Decodable to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Decodable erase your personal data that we collected, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Decodable restrict the processing of your personal data that we collected, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Decodable's processing of your personal data that we collected, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Decodable transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to file a complaint - You have the right to lodge a complaint about Decodable’s practices with respect to your personal data with the supervisory authority of your country. A list of EU Supervisory Authorities is available here.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: +1 415 322 0340
Or write to us:
440 N Barranca Ave #4401
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.